Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vacationing alone

I finish my degree in December and will do the official walk in June. I've been trying to decide how to mark this significant moment in my life..........especially since it took me so long to accomplish. :-) I feel like I should reward myself somehow. Everyone knows the economy is in the tank and big spending is out of the question for the majority of Americans.............and I've never been a big spender anyway. I'm not gonna buy a new car (mine is almost paid off anyway). I'm not going for jewelry. I'm not going for the material.

I would like experience!

I've been kicking around the idea of a solo vacation. Small. Short. Inexpensive. I've never been to the East Coast and find the idea of a visit to Maine or Vermont or DC or Philly appealing. I can do what I want and see what I want and eat what I want. Be on my own schedule. I haven't started checking prices and weather conditions for June yet. This is an idea still in the early stages. I know people in NYC and CT so they may be figured into my plans.

I'm really digging this concept. It's been a while since I've traveled more than a couple of hours outside of Seattle and I'm due for some fun. I also need to restore some of the confidence and fearlessness I had before my marriage. I'm NOT gonna become an agoraphobic like my mother. *wink*

No comments: