Thursday, November 6, 2008

Judged by the content of his character

I admit it.

I'm an addict.

I'm addicted to the high I get from ingesting news coverage from around the world.

News about our elections and President Elect Obama.

It has been so long since the world has said to us "Welcome America. Have a seat."

It has been so long since I could look at one of the leaders of this country and smile.

It has been so long since good news has graced our media.

It has been so long since progress was made (granted we still have a long way to go.......Prop 8 passed and needs to be overturned for starters)

It has been so long since America has had a leader of any kind who stirred passion and action out of our collective apathy.

It has been so long since the people of this country have risen up and joined forces to effect change.

It has been so long since the American people dared to hope for something better.

This wave of cheers and smiles and pride has been a drug to me. One that I don't want to give up. I am bathing in the fix I get and wake up in the morning jonesing for more.............I'm printing speeches, saving video, hunting for pictures, emailing articles.........desperately trying to preserve this moment so I have record of the day when it all turned around. I want to have solid, tangible displays to show in 50 years when a random schoolchild asks me "Where were you when.........."

Young man, I was beaming and crying tears of joy. Let me show you why................

No comments: